taylor family christmas traditions
Happy Christmas Eve!
It’s no secret that the holiday season is my absolute favourite time of year. And even though I didn’t think it was possible, Christmas has become even more magical now that we have Luke. Last year was a bit of a whirlwind for me since I was very much still adjusting to new motherhood. (But, I mean, look at that little butterball!! ^^) But this year, I’m determined to make it better than ever.
If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve probably already seen that we had some family photos done for our Christmas card and we decided to have some special Luke with Santa pictures done, too. We’ve ordered and sent out our family Christmas cards, presents are wrapped, and seasonal crafts have been done. We’ve done lots of things to get in the spirit and started some new family traditions so I thought I’d share some of them.
Things We Do To Get In The Christmas Spirit
- Decorate the house together
- Listen to Christmas music
- Do as much Christmas baking as possible
- Make a special Christmas craft – this year Luke made a handprint wreath and another handprint Christmas ornament.
- Go to the local Santa Clause parade. (Unfortunately, ours was cancelled this year!)
- Visit a Christmas tree farm
- Watch our favourite Christmas movies
- Make a gingerbread house
- Write letters to Santa
- Visit Santa and take photos
- Take family Christmas photos
- Send a family Christmas card
- Make special ornaments for each year
- Open a special new pair of PJs that you wear to bed that night and get a picture of everyone under/in front of the tree.
- Read a special Christmas book before bed.
- Watch a Christmas movie together.
- Make sure to leave milk and cookies for Santa and food for the reindeer.
I’m so excited for tomorrow. I can’t wait to see Luke’s face when he sees all the presents under the tree!